Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Segments Complete!

I pushed myself tonight to finish those last 11 segments.
TA DA!!!

All the rail segments


My back was sore after ironing all the seems open!







Me holding all the segments after being ironed

My ironing board is the top of my washer, in the tiny utility closet. The light you see in there is from my own lamp I had to put in there because it lacks such a thing.




Compared to a baby food jar

Fat stack of segments



I had to reward myself somehow for finishing the segments (Ok, it's not a reward, it's what i've been eating for dessert every night the past 5 days). What your eyes are feasting on is probably my all time favorite dessert to indulge in. Bananas swimming in a pool of whipping cream then sprinkled lightly with sugar. Yeah, I said whipping cream, all ten thousand calories of it too. Seriously, have you looked at the calorie count on whipping cream? It's 45 cals per TABLESPOON!!!!! People, come on!

 I'm nursing so it's OK right? *wink*

My treat 

So after my fatty mcfatterson treat, I had to do a little sampling of the next step for the quilt.

 I have to now cut all those segments into 3 1/2 inch squares. Here are a couple of them.



I cut off the raw edges to make it straight and pretty, then measured out 31/2 inch blocks. I can cut two rail segments at a time (I could probably fit three on there), producing 2 blocks from each cut.

This should take me no time at all!
Tomorrow I may have the opportunity to construct one of the big blocks for the quilt!

You can see what the pattern will look like HERE. Keep in mind the fabric will be different.

I am nervous that I won't like it in the end, that I picked ugly prints to go with the AMELIA Jelly Roll that I bought. BUT OH WELL!!! I'll just be proud that I accomplished my second quilt.

STAY TUNED!!!*


*I'm considering using less exclamation points next time, they're kind of getting on my nerves. Let me know what you think.











1 comment:

  1. I think you are hilarious !!!!!!!!!!!

    Your Momma ~~~~ !!!!

    ReplyDelete