Sunday, April 29, 2012

I Haven't Forgotten About You

Oh my dear heavens!!!

Do you ever get the overwhelming urge to be creative? I do! I went to Jo-Anns yesterday just to wonder around while Tony was at the bank and my mind went into hyperactive craft mode. So many projects I wanted to get my hands on and so many ideas swirl around and around. I would look at one thing and think of everything I could do with it, making mental notes of what to go look at next. My brain has problems organizing thoughts while I'm in craft stores, so I inevitably just end up feeling overwhelmed and frustrated. I'm sure my picture is up in the back room, warning employees of this lady who just comes in and wonders, looking VERY suspicious. I want to knit, I want to cross stitch and embroider, I want to scrapbook, I want to sew purses, aprons, and clothes. Why this sudden gush of creative urges? This happens to me about 1-2 times a month. Is it the feeling of something missing, unfulfilled? It's just that uneasy feeling. Do I have ADHD? 

I've been thinking a lot about my previous job and how I miss the creative process of planning and implementing lessons for my 4-5 year olds. I don't miss working, I miss the art of constructing. I sat at the computer and looked for curriculum writing jobs for about 5 minutes then decided I just needed to sit down and sew!

But, seriously... Do you get these urges? Why do you think this happens? 

And even when I do sit down to work on this Amelia quilt, I find that I have to convince myself to just FINISH specific parts of the blanket. I MADE myself sit there and finish the inner blocks, "OK, you only have 15 more to do. OK, now you only have 6 more to do. Look, you only have 2 more!".

Someone psychologize me please. I'm feeling very confused.

The mini mini blocks

The mini blocks sewn into groups of 4.  3 piles of 10= 30 blocks

My thread pile. What a waste, poor thread.
I AM really excited that I can now put the borders around these blocks. You can see the design here if you haven't seen it yet. 

My soft squishy bed (back killer) is calling to me. Night night friends.


Heartbreaker!

1 comment:

  1. This is definitely one of three of the most beautiful children ever born !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yep....
    Amelia's Gammy !!

    ReplyDelete