Friday, April 13, 2012

Mini blocks FINISHED!!!


Today was a good day! I wrote out a list of 6 things to do today and was able to cross three of them off! Amelia chose to take three short naps instead of the regular two today. After she woke up from her second nap, I put her down to play and was determined to finish cutting my mini blocks for her quilt, since nothing else was being done due to her short naps.

Amelia digging in her toy basket while I cut fabric


My finished mini blocks


Now it's onto assembling the big blocks for the quilt. I will have to lay it all out and choose my favorite combinations of colors and patterns. I will of course have to find a big enough space to lay it all out. The possibilities include, the coffee table, our bed, the kitchen table with leaf inserts and the kitchen floor. There is no other space big enough around this teeny tiny apartment to fully extend a quilt.

I doubt this weekend will lend huge opportunity to start these blocks as it's supposed to be sunny AND warm!!! We also have a softball game to attend on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment