Wednesday, March 28, 2012

{The Facts of Life} - My Life at Least

Thanks to Shelly at The Cunningham Family in Bush Alaska blog, I was able to create this fun post. If you want to participate, and you should, follow these simple steps. 


 Post a picture
 List 10 random facts about yourself 
Answer 10 questions from someone else
 List 10 of your own questions for someone else to answer


{Even if you don't have a blog, please answer my questions and leave them in the comment section below. And if you DO have a blog, you should still answer my questions}




1. PICTURE


Newport, OR
2. Random Facts (of life)



  1. I had to have two blood transfusions when I was born
  2. I wanted to be a marine biologist when I grew up
  3. I used to gag at even the smallest of things. Now that I have a little girl, I don't
  4. I knew I would marry my husband just by looking at his picture
  5. I've always wanted to be a momma
  6. I wish for the same thing every year when I blow out candles (No, I will not tell you)
  7. I sucked my thumb until I was sixteen (There I said it)
  8. I have pretty much the same birth story as my mom did with me, minus all the problems I had when I was born.
  9. I used to tell my mom all the time not to "stare" at people. Now I do it ALL THE TIME!!! We are pro people watchers
  10. I had all my firsts with Tony (is that too personal?). I don't think it's much of a surprise to my friends and family.





3. 10 Questions From Shelly

1.  What cheers you up when you are feeling down? 
Food, Gilmore Girls, Talking with my mom and shakes from my husband (yes, he grabs my shoulders and shakes me)
2.  What is the best lesson you learned from your mother?

Communication is key to a successful relationship. She still drills it into my head to this day. Thanks mom!!!
3.What's the hardest part of parenting you least expected?
BREASTFEEDING. You wouldn't think it'd be so hard since we have been doing it for so long. Also, the lack of sleep. People always warn you about these things when you have babies, but you never think they're true until it really happens.  I'm sure there are more to come considering I only have a sixth month old.
4.  How did your spouse propose? Did you see it coming?

We had gone out for dinner, nothing fancy just a usual night out. We then went down to the waterfront in Vancouver and took a stroll down the walkway. The night was clear and cool. We stopped to view the I-5 bridge in all it's lit up glory. Tony turned to me, hugged me and told me that he loved me. He then dropped to one knee and said "Stacey Marilyn, will you marry me?" and opened a box containing a ring. I, of course, said "yes" then immediately DROPPED the ring. AND THEN...I had a mini asthma attack because I was so excited. I had to sit down and take a puff from my inhaler (NERD). To my surprise he had asked for both of my parents permission, so they knew it was coming. I was amazed I had no clue, since I have a canny way of finding things out!!!
5.  What's your bedtime routine? (Not the kids')

Well, after Amelia has been put down, we usually stay up for a couple hours either to finish some cleaning, watch our TV shows or Tony plays video games and I sew or get on the computer. Then I realize that I will probably be woken up in a couple hours and go straight to bed (that feeling hit about an hour ago, but i'm distracted by this blog)!
6.  What was the proudest moment of your life?

I was going to say my college graduation, but after I thought about it I would have to say that being in labor has been my proudest moment. I felt so strong and vulnerable at the same time. 
7.  Favorite all-time movie? And TV show?

My favorite TV show by far is GILMORE GIRLS. I own all 7 seasons and keep them in their own special DVD binder. I have watched all seasons probably 20ish times. Favorite movie? Hmmm.. That's a hard one. I would have to say The Sound of Music. When I was little, I would always watch it at my Aunties house. It came as two VHS cassettes. To this day I will stop what I'm doing just to watch it if it's on TV. Ironically, I don't own it.
8.  What one thing would you change about your childhood if you could?

I know it's sad but I would change my parents relationship. I would give anything to see my parents still happily married. I wouldn't change it for ME, but for them. 
9.  What is your favorite name on the planet?

Marilyn. It was my Grandmothers name who I never met because she passed away from Leukemia when my mom was a little girl. It is also my middle name and from that I became a little obsessed with Marilyn Monroe in Junior High and High School.
10. What do you wish you knew then that you know now?
I wish I had known my student loan debt was going to be so high, and the monthly payments the same. If I had known I was going to be stuck with that kind of debt, I may have made a different decision.




My questions for you


1. What do you daydream about?
2.What do you wish you could fill your days with?
3. If you had to choose one disease or condition to cure, what would it be and why?
4. What do you obsess over?
5. When is the last time you rode a bicycle?
6. Were you named after anyone?
7. What would you name the autobiography of your life?
8. What story does your family always tell about you?
9. If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose?
10. What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity?


{ENJOY}

No comments:

Post a Comment