Monday, February 20, 2012

Life Happens...

     Well the lentil soup had to be put on the back burner (hehe). Instead it was replaced by chicken noodle soup! Between Amelia not sleeping much these days and a sick husband life got a little more complicated this weekend. Mom (thats me!) had to take on ALMOST all the chores this weekend, not to say I got them all done!!! Made me realize how truly blessed I am to have a partner to share the parenting. I just kept thinking, I would never be able to do this on my own!!! My thoughts are with all those single parents out there. You are a stronger force than I could ever be. A village is truly needed to raise our babies!!!

     In other news, a nursery remodel is underway. We have put up curtains in Amelia's room, in an attempt to create a darker sleep environment for her (has yet to provide any help in longer sleep periods). Picture frames were purchased as well to add to the warm feeling we are trying to create in the nursery. If you were to visit our house we have nearly no wall art. I am mostly terrified to commit to hanging anything on our walls. I am not a natural decorator!!! It just ends up looking cluttered and messy. Decorator needed!!! So stay tuned for pictures of the new nursery. Don't be expecting anything other than white walls however, no need to paint when we plan on moving when this lease is up!

     Here are some pics of the nursery BEFORE Amelia came home... OK, they are just of her crib. But there is a glider chair, changing table and our bookcase in there.. again, a messy cluttered disaster. Her name sticker on the wall (which I put up when labor started, in fear of her room not being done when she came home. I also installed the car seat base while I was in labor) ended up peeling off, so that is now on her door. Notice, nothing is on the wall! That's about to change.



No comments:

Post a Comment