Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Job? Pshhh

I'm starting to freak out that I don't have a job and Tony will be starting school again next week. I wouldn't freak out as much but his schedule at work will be changing from 8 hrs a day to about 4 a day.

I cleaned out our garage yesterday, well no so much cleaned but rifled through boxes looking for stuff for the garage sale this weekend and came upon my "teacher bins". I have about three bins full of stuff I have been collecting or items that were left over from my Pre K position. At first I said "get rid of it!" but then as i got deeper into the bins I started feeling sad that I wasn't using any of it and realized I do miss being in a classroom setting.

For a long time now I have really wanted to start a little school that offers preschool and a private Kindergarten. I would teach Kindergarten and have someone else do the preschool. Then I think to myself, "is this the easy way out?". I really don't think it is. For as long as I can remember I have wanted a little business of my own, OK I guess that came after wanting to be a marine biologist and a veterinarian. I know it takes a lot of work to start up a small business, which is why I have been considering partners. I just wish we had a home of our own to start a little childcare to build up clients and develop a good reputation on the way to a bigger place and more students.

That's all for now...over and out

1 comment: